ISSA is accepting applications from organizations that wish to be certified to the Cleaning Industry Management Standard Advanced by GBAC (CIMS). Compliance with the Standard demonstrates that an organization is structured to deliver consistent, quality services that are designed to meet the customer’s needs and expectations. Please review the following terms prior filling out the application below. Fifty percent of certification fees are due prior to assigning assessor.
Applicant Organization Responsibilities and Participation Terms
- To apply for CIMS Certification, you must submit the application with a $500.00 nonrefundable application fee payable to ISSA.
- ISSA will confirm receipt of the application and $500.00 nonrefundable application fee. The application fee must accompany the application, or it will not be processed.
- If there is a problem with the application, your organization will be notified by ISSA and permitted thirty (30) days to modify the application and make all necessary corrections. If you fail to modify the application within thirty (30) days, you forfeit your deposit and will be required to resubmit the application and nonrefundable application fee.
- Once ISSA has received and accepted the application, it will assign an assessor to your organization. All assessors are required to abide by a strict Code of Professional Conduct. The Registrar will send you a letter notifying you of the assigned assessor and requesting your approval of the assigned assessor.
- Your organization will notify ISSA of either your approval or disapproval of the assessor:
- If you approve the Assessor, ISSA will notify the assessor; or
- If you do not approve of the assessor, ISSA will assign a different assessor. You are permitted a total of two (2) objections to assigned assessors.
- In the event of an assessor change, for whatever reason, you will be notified by ISSA that the current assessor will no longer be evaluating your organization and a new assessor will be assigned.
- In addition to the nonrefundable application fee, your organization will be responsible for the following fees:
- Assessment Fee: A set fee based on the complexity of your organization’s operations;
- Certification Fee: CIMS Advanced by GBAC or CIMS-GB Advanced by GBAC: $1,495 (ISSA members in good standing); $1,995 (non-members)
- Reasonable Assessor Expenses: The assessor’s reasonable expenses (i.e.: airfare or other travel, lodging, meals, etc.)
All of these fees and expenses are payable to ISSA. Payment terms are governed by the CIMS Advanced by GBAC Fee Payment Policy.
If, during your CIMS Certification, your membership with ISSA lapses for any reason, you shall be responsible for paying to ISSA fees equal to the difference between the CIMS ISSA members in good standing and non-members fees. Any difference in fees shall be due within thirty (30) days of your lapse in membership. Failure to pay such fees shall result in the termination or suspension of your CIMS Certification in ISSA’s sole discretion.
- You recognize and acknowledge that the CIMS Certification process, while regulated by specific policies and criteria, also requires discretion and judgment. The decision whether to grant or deny accreditation will be made at the discretion of ISSA and the assessor, acting reasonably, as well as the sufficiency and accuracy of the information you submit, the results of the necessary on-site visits, and any other information that ISSA or the assessor deems relevant.
- The assessor will evaluate your organization for CIMS Certification. If the assessor makes a positive recommendation, your CIMS Certification will become effective upon the assessor’s positive recommendation and payment in full of all fees and expenses detailed in Section 7.
- Initial Certification: The date that you obtain your CIMS Certification and will be known as the “Certification Anniversary Date.” The Initial Certification is valid for two (2) years from the Certification Anniversary Date. Your organization must complete its Initial Certification within six (6) months from the date the application is submitted to ISSA.
- Re-Certification: All “Re-Certifications” are based on the Certification Anniversary Date. The Re-Certification fees must be paid and the renewal process must be completed prior to the Certification Anniversary Date—the expiration of the Initial Certification or most recent Re-Certification. If your organization’s Initial Certification or most recent Re-Certification expires then you agree to pay an additional fee equal to 1/24 of the cost of renewal for each month from expiration until the Re-Certification is effective. In no event can a Re-Certification be completed more than six (6) months from the expiration of the Certification Anniversary Date.
- This application or your CIMS Certification may be terminated:
- By you or ISSA without cause upon sixty (60) days prior written notice.
- By ISSA upon thirty (30) days prior written notice if you breach any of your obligations hereunder, including, without limitation, your failure to pay, your failure to respond to ISSA or the assessor, your failure to correct any non-conformity in a timely manner, or your failure to correct any other infraction in a timely manner.
- By ISSA immediately upon written notice that you have failed to complete: (1) the Initial Certification within six (6) months of the application being submitted to ISSA; or (2) Re-Certification within six (6) months of the Certification Anniversary Date.
- By ISSA immediately upon written notice that your ISSA membership status has lapsed and you have not paid to ISSA the difference between CIMS ISSA member in good standing and non-member fees.
Upon termination, all fees and expenses owed by you as of the effective date of such termination must be paid in full within thirty (30) days of the effective date of termination. There will be no refund of any fees and expenses paid or owed under this Agreement.