ISSA is accepting applications from organizations that wish to be certified to the Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS). Compliance with the Standard demonstrates that an organization is structured to deliver consistent, quality services that are designed to meet the customer’s needs and expectations. Please review the following terms prior filling out the application below.
Applicant Organization Responsibilities and Participation Terms
- ISSA will confirm receipt of the application and $500.00 nonrefundable application fee payable to ISSA. The application fee must accompany the application. If there is a problem with the application, your organization will be permitted thirty (30) days to modify the application and make all necessary corrections. Failure to modify the application within thirty (30) days will result in forfeiture of the application fee and require resubmission.
- ISSA will inform the certification registrar that your application has been received and accepted. The registrar is the organization that is responsible for accrediting third-party assessors and managing the certification process.
- The registrar will assign an assessor to your organization and send you a letter requesting approval of the chosen assessor. All assessors are required to abide by a strict Code of Professional Conduct.
- Your organization will notify the registrar of either its approval or disapproval of the assessor.
- If the assessor is approved, the registrar will notify the assessor.
- If the assessor is not approved, the registrar will assign another assessor. Your organization is permitted a total of two (2) objections.
- In addition to the application fee, your organization will be responsible for the following fees:
- Assessment Fees: A set fee based on the complexity of your organization’s operations.
- Certification Fee: CIMS or CIMS-GB: $995 (ISSA members in good standing); $1,695 (non-members)
- Reasonable Assessor Expenses (i.e.: airfare or other travel, lodging, meals, etc.)
- Payment terns are governed by the CIMS Fee Payment Policy on the last page of this application.
- An organization’s certification becomes effective upon a positive recommendation by the assessor and payment in full of the remaining fee balance and reasonable assessor expenses to ISSA. The date that you obtain your initial certification is known as your certification anniversary date. The initial certification is valid for two (2) years from that date. All re-certifications are based on the certification anniversary date.